- May 31 2022
Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba Treaty Education Scholarship Fund for High School Students Deadline
What is the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba? Created through a partnership between the Assembly and Manitoba Chiefs and Canada, the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba aims to strengthen, rebuild, and enhance the Treaty Relationship between First Nations and the Crown (Canada). We educate, facilitate discussion, and conduct research on Treaties.
About the “Treaty Education Scholarship Fund.” The Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba (TRCM) has provided Treaty Education training for over 10 years to thousands of professionals in the education field. The TRCM wants to build upon the wonderful work that the Teachers and Schools have done to promote Treaty Education by establishing a Treaty Education Scholarship Fund.
Goals & Objectives:
- To promote and build upon Treaty Education in Manitoba.
- To foster a greater understanding of the significance of the Treaties and the Treaty Relationship among all students.
- To encourage students to understand how the Treaties and the Treaty Relationship can be a guide for facilitating change in contemporary society.
Scholarship Recipients & Amounts:
- One (1) Scholarship for High school Students ($500)
- Short Essay on What does “We are all Treaty people” mean to you?
- 500-word essay
Submissions can be sent to: Administration@trcm.ca
Or by Mail: 300 – 300 Alpine Way, Headingley, MB R4H 0E1
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2022
Scholarship Recipients will be announced on: June 15, 2022
*Recipients must be willing to have their photo taken for TRCM’s social media (waiver)
To find out more about Treaties, please visit our website at www.TRCM.ca